Wednesday, February 28, 2007

I hate fax machines. Am I alone?

Just had to send off a signed something-or-other via fax. Fax machines just...bug me. I've faxed things before, but this never stops me from staring quizzically at the mostly-beige buttons until a kindly secretary pops over and explains to me patiently: the paper goes into the machine and you dial a number. The machine will proceed to make frightening noises and eat the paper. The paper reemerges, both here and *somewhere else in the universe*. The machine then gives birth to a confirmation page and everything's over.

I just don't trust these strange electronic creatures. I like email. I like computers. I've come to tolerate cell-phones (yes, I know, I'm weird, I'm Generation Double-Z or something and we're all supposed to have super-dextrous thumbs from all the txt-msgs we snd 2 r palz lol). I can even handle scanners. I deal with technology every day, and I am actually a pretty intuitive and confident person around things that go beep. But faxes are just barely before my time - I never really saw them in their heydey (did they have a heydey?), but they're still everywhere. And thus they bug me.

My opinion of faxes has not been improved by the fact that the fax machine and I never made it to the confirmation page step in this case. Apparently the fax line is busy, so I get to wait a while and then try again. At least this time I'll be able to push "send" all by myself like the big kids.


I will stop playing on blogger and go do real work now. I swear.

Lunchtime!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are not alone.

You will enjoy this video very much made by the people over at eFax (www.eFax.com):

The Fax Fix
http://youtube.com/watch?v=DteGfC6h310

lala said...

Thanks for your post and welcome to check: here.

SEO Services Company said...

Nice stuff you got, very interesting to read.
Well, I do have also in my sleeves, if you have time don't forget to visit SEO Company India

A4 Laminators said...

Some office technology is very important to make your office organize and different office technology can also help you with your office works.